Tuesday 9 July 2013

Review Time: Lootera classy but too slow

Flaws notwithstanding, Lootera is of a standard that’s inarguably higher than the Bollywood average. I was not amazed to see a non-frenetic movie. I'm not critic by profession though but after engrossing myself in reading the reviews of lootera, I finally decided to watch it. And as the name preludes it is the love story of a robber who comes to rob the house of Sonakshi Sinha whose father is a landlord. Here is a direction to watch,Motwane is yet to come.
 A short story is definitely short. It is always a challenge to make a short story long. Motwane decides its a love story-arguably easier route to take and he creates powerful vignettes that aren’t all rose-tinted, but also guilty and angst-ridden. However, he sacrifices logic and motivation when convenient, and in that lies Lootera’s shortcoming.  

 I give it 3.5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open to interaction of any kind, related to the post. :)