Wednesday 3 July 2013

Yeh hain mumbai meri jaan ..!

The sun was about to set and I was in my dream world when suddenly my dad asked me to guide the driver in saying him the directions. We entered the city hearing my mom humming the song "ye hein mumbai nagaria tu dekh babua" and here started the small yet a quiet memorable tour of mumbai. 
Though the start was not quiet interesting but as we entered Mumbai after passing through the most beautiful Mumbai-Pune Express highway...Mumbai's traffic and thanks to the gprs maps app. it took us two hours to reach the Hotel Sahar International which is located in East Andheri near the railway station, a journey from Hyderabad by road.
  As we reached the hotel it was clear that we were all done for the day so we have choosen to stay.Though I had different type of snacks boletoh chat :p .The most disappointing of all chat I felt was pani-puri but to my luck vada pav had its presence felt in all the chat items I ate. Next was a dream come true day for me,  my dad approached me  to drive through the city. Though the places we visited that day were temples namely sidhi vinayak,Mahalakshmi temple and Mamba Devi temple which are surely not my areas of interest,the responsibilty of driving kept me going the whole day,which made me explore Mumbai from a driver point of view and let me say you guys I relished each and every single minute of that. Surely the drive was not that smooth I had to cope with the traffic rules and regulations of Mumbai for which I was warned once while crossing the beautiful sea link and then had to toil hard for a parking place in all the three temples especially the third temple which is surrounded by shops just like begum bazaar of hyderabad !
After all that done the past 2 days surely for the satisfaction of parents it was their turn to make their child satisfied.... Again I was given the car keys and this time as per my interest we were going to places of my interests. We were accompanied by my dad's best friends family. We first went to film city or the film studio located in Gurgaon and to our disappointment we weren't allowed inside the studio. After this we chose to shop in Mumbai and buy some dresses from a fashionable Mumbai. We went to alpha which was crowded but gave us everything what we wanted and their I had one more famous item of Mumbai "Dabeli" and lemme say you it was finger licking good. After all this we went to Lokhandwala..ya wahi apna "shootout at lokhandwala wali jagah"  :).. A well built place were you could sense it is made for youngsters. You can find food courts,jewellery shops,fashionable and attractive shops for dresses. By the time we reached hotel it was five and then we went to a very common and known place of Mumbai the Juhu beach and to our surprise it was the total opposite of Lokhandwala. The place was dirty,unclean but crowded..1 could wonder how this dirt can attract so much crowd. As was the situation there we had no choice but to go from there to Bandra.. Ye SRK,Sallu bhai ki area. The beach was neat and had a label of standard tagged with it. It was as good as marine drive which I saw in my last visit to Mumbai.
  And my tour ended in the hotel where we all sat to watch India winning the Champions trophy title and for a coincidence we left Mumbai when the local FM was playing mumbai se aaya mera dost..dost ko salam karo !!
Here ends my small post on the tour of Mumbai. Where their helpful nature though they were usually busy was heart warming but the cleanliness of the city especially of the Juhu beach was disappointing. And 1 thing to notice was they walk as if they run..:p.. Seriously worth watching this city and the trend people follow there. The fressness and openess is something that attracts the eye ...waiting to visit it soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open to interaction of any kind, related to the post. :)